Thu, 25 Mar|
Using Simulation to Optimize Food Processing
Learn how to optimize food processing operations using granular material simulation.
Time & Location
25 Mar 2021, 6:00 pm MYT
About the event
The food manufacturing industry faces a range of challenges. Companies need to stay competitive, innovate to meet consumer demands, ensure a high product quality while keeping costs low. Simulation can play a key role in solving these challenges and is increasingly used by engineers and scientists in order to optimize processes and improve operational efficiency.
In this webinar, we will introduce Altair EDEM, a Discrete Element Method (DEM) software for granular material simulation. EDEM accurately simulates the behavior of various foods such as grains, coffee beans, spices, fruits, or dairy powders and provides key insight into a range of operations and processes, including material handling and processing such as mixing, milling, drying, coating, and more.
By deploying EDEM software companies are able to:
- ensure a high quality of the end product
- minimize damage and wastage
- improve scale-up procedures
- reduce operating costs
- improve operational efficiency
- drive product innovation
Join this webinar to learn more about Altair EDEM and how this solution can be used to simulate and optimize a broad range of food processes.Agenda
- Background and industry challenges
- Introducing Altair EDEM
- Material handling applications: sorting, transport, feeding and storing
- Material processing applications: granulation, mixing, extruding, coating
- Live Q&A with our engineer